New England Wildflowers is the most complete guide available to the common wildflowers and flowering plants found in Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. With habitats ranging from tidal marshes to mountains, bogs, and boreal forests, the region comprises a rich variety of botanical treasures. Botanists, naturalists, and wildflower enthusiasts alike will find much to enjoy and discover in this easy-to-use reference, which features:
* Guaranteed binding—if this binding fails, the publisher will replace the book for free
* Detailed descriptions and color photos of more than 300 plants, organized by color and family
* An introduction to the region's habitats and ecology
* A glossary of botanical terms
* A primer on plant characteristics and identification
Frank Kaczmarek is a professional biologist whose nature photographs have appeared in Fall Foliage (FalconGuides), as well as numerous magazines and calendars. He resides in Connecticut.