Subtropical temperatures, gentle trade winds, vibrant colors, luscious foliage, and exotic menus—the splendor of the Caribbean and the pleasures of cruising make an unbeatable combination. Cruise expert Kay Showker shows how to plan a carefree vacation at sea and in port, including valuable information on shore excursions. Created for all budgets and tastes, Caribbean Ports of Call includes detailed profiles of the major cruise lines and their ships, as well as practical advice on selecting and reserving the ideal cruise vacation.
Bringing together the author's two previous Ports of Call books (covering the Eastern and Western Caribbean), Caribbean Ports of Call also covers shore excursions through the entire Caribbean—those islands most frequently visited by the major cruise lines—plus the Bahamas and Turks & Caicos. It covers:
* The Bahamas and the Out Islands—Nassau, Freeport, the Biminis, the Abacos, Eleuthera, and many more
* British Virgin Islands—Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Anegada
* Cayman Islands—Grand Cayman
* Central America—Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, and the San Blas Islands
* Eastern Caribbean—Antigua, St. Barts, St. Kitts and Nevis, Montserrat, Guadeloupe, Dominica, Martinique, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Grenada, Barbados
* Key West—Duval Street, Mallory Square, Caroline Street
* Jamaica—Montego Bay, Ocho Rios, Port Antonio, Kingston
* Mexican Caribbean—Cozumel, Playa del Carmen/Calica, Cancún, Costa Maya
* Puerto Rico—San Juan, Ponce
* Southern Caribbean—Trinidad and Tobago, Bonaire, Curaçao, Aruba
* St. Maarten/St. Martin—Dutch Windward Islands, Philipsburg, Marigot, Saba, St. Eustatius, Anguilla
* U.S. Virgin Islands—St. Thomas, St. John, St. Croix
Kay Showker has won numerous awards for her coverage of the Caribbean, most recently the Caribbean Tourism Organization’s award for Best Guide Book on the Caribbean for Caribbean Ports of Call: Western Region (GPP Travel). Also the author of Caribbean Ports of Call: Eastern and Southern (GPP Travel), she writes for leading travel magazines and newspapers across the country.